It’s now exactly one year since we left the keys to our house to the new owner and drove south to France and did our first house sit.
One year of another type of living than before, one year of moving in and out of places. But this first year of traveling has also meant so much more. It’s been twelve months of:
* practicing different languages.
* getting to know ourselves deeper.
* eating loads of French cheese.
* learning from other people and cultures.
* viewing the world and people in new ways.
* broadening our perspectives.
* getting better at accepting different ways of doing things.
* seeing that we’re capable of a lot more than we thought from the beginning.
* missing family and friends.
* loving nature.
* enjoying the company of new friends.
* sleeping more than ever.
* watching movies.
* dreaming and making dreams come true.
* spending time with fun, loving animals.
* great generosity.
* feeling humble and grateful.
* cooking and eating new types of food under new circumstances.
* being guided.
* feeling of freedom and excitement.
* seeing new possibilities.
To have been able to experience all of this, and lots more, during only twelve months is hard to take in. And yet it feels like not long ago we started our journey, trying out a new way of living. It’s been a great year in so many different ways.
Today we’re in Amed in eastern Bali, having started our day with a swim and snorkeling. We continue to celebrate life and explore how to live our lives at the fullest every day. Seems to be a never ending process…
To come is yet five and a half months in South East Asia, with a house and cat sit in Singapore over Christmas. Our days are rarely planned or organized in any certain way, we try and go with the flow to see what we see and learn from those we meet.
We’re humble and grateful to have the possibility to try our wings in new ways, and thank ourselves for making it happen – because if we wouldn’t make it happen, i simply wouldn’t be.
Thanks for reading and sharing a part of our journey.
Anders & Wivan